I was so touched. It means my words really are having an impact on others. Thank you so much to Allison Wixted, the woman who nominated me. Below is her response to why she started blogging:
"I started blogging because I have a chaotic life that prevents me from working outside the home right now. I longed for a creative outlet that would also connect me to other Christian women and I wanted to share my blossoming faith as a “thank you” to Christ."
Because of her nomination, I can now give my blog as a thank you to Christ too! Her blog can be found at https://alisonwixted.com
Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as a way to give discipleship tips to Christians who wanted to make disciples but didn't know how to get started.
What does the name of your blog mean? My blog is on my website, the tagline of which reads "Where regeneration and transformation intersect." To regenerate is to repair something that has been lost or injured. To transform is to change from one thing to another. That's what I feel my writing does: speak to Christians who want to go deeper in their spiritual life and for those who want to change or "transform" into a new person.
What is your biggest struggle about blogging? Being consistent. Because I write in other areas such as books and articles, I often don't have time to keep my blog up to date as well as I should.
What is your go to snack? My daughter makes our family popcorn most nights so I look forward to that. Although I have food allergies, I could pick any dessert/snack, pudding would be it.
What or who makes you laugh the most? My husband always makes me laugh. But two of my favorite comedians are Kevin James and Sinbad. I find myself laughing until my mouth and stomach hurts when I listen to either of them!
What is your favorite quote to live by? "Preach always, and if necessary, use words." I don't know who said it, but I think it is the essence of the Christian life.
What is your favorite book and why? Besides the Bible, anything by Holley Gerth is good.
What is saving your life lately? Jesus, as always. I'm always in awe that we can speak to the creator of the world like He is my best friend.
What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Cheesecake and 90's music.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. You can download images for the award here.
3. Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4. Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or from this site).
7. Don’t forget to inform the people/blogs you nominated about it!
As part of the rules of this award, I now nominate five blogs that I would like readers to get to know. My nominees are listed below:
Crystal Stine- Be encouraged in the Holy Hustle
Susan Nowell- Inspire. Encourage. Challenge. Interior Design for the Soul
Kristi- the flawed treasure
Check them out!